Dakota Division Elections|
NØUW Running for Vice Director
Elections are under way in the Dakota Division for the positions of Director and Vice Director. The Dakota Division includes the Minneosta Section, North Dakata Section, and South Dakota Section. The Dakota Division Director’s chair being vacated by Kent Olson, KAØLDG, who has decided not to run for another term. Successful candidates are elected for 3-year terms starting January 1, 2018.
Running to succeed Olson as Director are:
- Matt Holden, KØBBC, of Bloomington, Minnesota. Holden is currently the Vice Director. He was appointed to the position in February 2016 after former Director Greg Widin, KØGW, became ARRL First Vice President.
- Dean Summers, NØND, of Dickinson, North Dakota.
A four-way race exists for the Vice Director’s chair that Holden is vacating. The candidates are:
- Tom Karnauskas, NØUW, of Owatonna, Minnesota.
- Jay Maynard, K5ZC, of Fairmont, Minnesota.
- Lynn Nelson, WØND, of Minot, North Dakota. Nelson is currently the Section Manager for North Dakota.
- Chris Stallkamp, KIØD, of Selby, South Dakota. Stallkamp is the South Dakota Section Manager.
Ballots and candidates’ statements will be mailed to members of the respective divisions who are in good standing as of September 10. Completed ballots must be received by noon Eastern Time on November 17. Votes will be tallied at ARRL Headquarters, and the election results announced later that day.